If you have a property managed by another agent and wish to switch to Gilbert Real Estate, we have a very simple, streamlined and stress free process. In fact all you need to do is sign two documents, a management agency agreement with us, and a termination letter (which we prepare) for your current agent.
The steps are:
- Confirm that you wish to appoint us as your managing agent
- Check your current agreement to confirm the notice period you are required to give (normally 30 days)
NOTE: Some investors think that they are tied to their current property manager for the term of the tenant’s lease. This is not true. You are able to transfer the management of your property at any time provided you provide the notice set out in your management agreement.
- We forward you a managing agency agreement and a termination letter addressed to your current agent for your signature
- We forward the termination notice letter to your agent and arrange to collect your property file and keys
- We notify your tenants in writing and provide them with the process of transitioning across including new bank account details for rent payments
- We arrange a property inspection as soon as possible
- We become your new property manager as at the agreed date
For further information or to discuss how we can assist you with your property leasing requirements call us on 02 6238 1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org